- Seen on Scene: Lewes Polar Bear Plunge
- Posted Feb. 8, 2013 midnight
- Thousands flocked to Rehoboth Beach Feb. 3 to get wet, get cold and raise a ton of money. Proceeds for the annual Lewes Polar Bear Plunge benefit Special Olympics Delaware. More than 3,500 people participated in the 22nd annual Plunge. With the water temperature 38 degrees and air temperature 30 degrees, (twelve degrees colder than last year), the Polar Bears raised $652,000, which was $2,000 more than last year's event.
More Photo Galleries
Subscribe to our print edition for extra features and to our website for full digital access.
- Top Stories
- Local residents among honorees at ‘Our Community Salutes&...
- Sussex County duo busted with heroin near Odessa
- Police: Middletown woman found with nearly 450 bags of heroin
- Townsend to hold community-wide yard sale Saturday
- New Castle County finance officer from Middletown honored for a...
- Md. man seriously injured when car struck by truck, bus on Rout...
- Newark man killed in single-vehicle crash near Odessa
- NCCo councilman hands out grants to local organizations
- Middletown man charged with dumping in wildlife area
- Before giving up on fitness goals, see if you’ve made the...
- Former employee charged with burglarizing Middletown Hardee's
- Read more top stories