- DIAA Girls Swimming Championships
- Posted March 4, 2013 midnight
- Charter School of Wilmington won the DIAA girls team title Saturday afternoon. The Force tallied 349.5 points, easily topping runner-up St. Mark's (240 points) and third place Newark (186 points). Several state records fell at the meet and Tatnall's Kaitlyn Jones broke Olympian Missy Franklin's national record in the 200 individual medley by more than half a second. The meet was held at the Carpenter Sports Complex at the University of Delaware.
More Photo Galleries
Subscribe to our print edition for extra features and to our website for full digital access.
- Top Stories
- Michael Shaw: Who inspires you to be healthier and live greater?
- Local residents among honorees at ‘Our Community Salutes&...
- Sussex County duo busted with heroin near Odessa
- Police: Middletown woman found with nearly 450 bags of heroin
- Townsend to hold community-wide yard sale Saturday
- New Castle County finance officer from Middletown honored for a...
- Md. man seriously injured when car struck by truck, bus on Rout...
- Newark man killed in single-vehicle crash near Odessa
- NCCo councilman hands out grants to local organizations
- Middletown man charged with dumping in wildlife area
- Before giving up on fitness goals, see if you’ve made the...
- Read more top stories