Anthony J. Miller of Liborio Drive in Middletown has been arrested for shooting a 22-year-old male in the buttocks in Townsend Village II April 27.

    Anthony J. Miller of Liborio Drive in Middletown turned himself into investigators at Delaware State Police Troop 2 May 3 for the April 27 shooting of a 22-year-old male in Townsend.    

    Miller was formally charged with assault first degree, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, reckless endangering first degree and criminal mischief.

    He was remanded to the Howard R. Young Correctional Center in lieu of an $86,000 secured bail.

    The 22-year-old male was allegedly shot in the buttocks in Townsend Village II after a confrontation with two black men in a dark colored Ford sedan.

    Delaware State Troopers responded to the 1100 block of East Founds Street in Townsend Village II at around 6 p.m. for the report of a shooting.

    According to the victim, he had left his home and was walking his dog when the Ford drove up along side him. The victim told police the Ford was occupied by two black male subjects who addressed the victim and told him not to walk in the roadway. A verbal argument ensued and one of the subjects in the car produced a gun.  

    The victim saw the firearm and started to run away on foot when the gunman unleashed approximately five rounds at the victim, striking him in the buttocks. The suspect vehicle then fled the scene in an unknown direction.

    The victim was transported to Christiana Hospital, where he was treated for his injury, which was considered non-life threatening.  

    As the investigation continued, detectives were able to obtain the victims cellular telephone, which revealed that the victim was on his cellular telephone shortly before the shooting occurred.

    Moreover, detectives learned that the victim told police he was involved in a verbal altercation with this person earlier in the day. Detectives were able to successfully obtain records that indicated the telephone number that was found to be on the victims cellular telephone just prior to the shooting belonged to Miller.

    Additionally, detectives were able to locate a witness to the shooting that informed police Miller was responsible for the crime.

    During the canvassing of the crime scene, detectives discovered a residence on Andy Street had been struck by one of the stray bullets. The home was unoccupied when the shooting occurred.