A motor home fire that broke out in Middletown's Lakeside neighborhood early Saturday morning has been ruled an accident, according to the state fire marshal's office.
Firefighters who responded to the 200 block of Beckington Court just after 1:30 a.m. on Saturday found a Chinook motor home full engulfed in flames, with the blaze extending to a nearby townhouse.
Chief Deputy State Fire Marshal Robert Fox said the motor home was equipped with a battery-operated smoke alarm that awoke the two people sleeping inside the vehicle.
Both managed to escape and no injuries were reported, Fox said.
"There is working going on inside the residence and that's why these two individuals were staying in the travel trailer outside," he said.
State investigators have determined the fire started in the engine compartment of the motor home and quickly spread to the rest of the vehicle.
The blaze caused an estimated $10,000 in damage to the vehicle and the adjacent residence, fire officials said.
Firefighters from Volunteer Hose Company of Middletown, Odessa Fire Company and Townsend Fire Company responded to the blaze.