|
Middletown Transcript
  • Girl treated for smoke inhalation after Middletown townhouse fire

  • A girl was treated for smoke inhalation Wednesday afternoon after escaping from a fire that broke out in the basement of a townhouse in Middletown's Lone Manor neighborhood, according to fire officials.
    • email print
      Comment
  • A girl was treated for smoke inhalation Wednesday afternoon after escaping from a fire that broke out in the basement of a townhouse in Middletown’s Lone Manor neighborhood, according to fire officials.
    The state fire marshal’s office is reportedly investigating the fire, although no information about the blaze had been released by Wednesday evening.
    It is not immediately known how many people were living in the townhouse at 89 E. Cole Blvd. or who was home when the fire began.
    The current medical status and age of the girl who was treated for smoke inhalation at the Middletown Emergency Department also was not available Wednesday evening.
    Frank Bailey, the fire chief of Volunteer Hose Company of Middletown, said the blaze was first reported at 1:18 p.m. and smoke could be seen billowing out of windows and doors when the first firefighters arrived six minutes later.
    A total of 35 firefighters from Volunteer Hose, Townsend and Odessa fire companies managed to bring the blaze under control  in less than 30 minutes, Bailey said.
    The two-story end unit, as well as an neighboring townhouse at 87 E. Cole Blvd. suffered smoke damage, although it was not known whether either townhouse had been rendered unlivable.
    According to county property records, 89 E. Cole Blvd. is owned by Vernita O. Roberts, who purchased the 1,150-square-foot residence for $155,000 in 2007.

        calendar