|
Middletown Transcript
  • Audience votes count with Reedy Point Players

  • The Reedy Point Players are taking a short one-act play to the Delaware Theater Association's "One Act Festival" later this month. But, which one? That's where you come in. Catch RRP's own festival this weekend and tell them which production will bring home the most awards.
    • email print
      Comment
    • IF YOU GO

      WHAT Reedy Point Players' One Act Festival


      WHERE 250 Delaware City Community Center, 250 Fifth St., Delaware City


      WHEN 8 p.m., Friday and Saturday; 2 p.m., Sunday


      C...

      » Read more
      X
      IF YOU GO

      WHAT Reedy Point Players' One Act Festival



      WHERE 250 Delaware City Community Center, 250 Fifth St., Delaware City



      WHEN 8 p.m., Friday and Saturday; 2 p.m., Sunday



      COST $8 to $10



      INFO thereedypointplayers.com

  • The Reedy Point Players of Delaware City have a decision to make. What play will represent the group at this year’s Delaware Theater Association annual “One Act Festival?” The choices include two original works and two published works, which will be introduced to the public this weekend during RPP’s own “One Act Festival.”
    The choices include:
    “No Good Friend,” an original work written and directed by Lisa Coruzzi with Kevin Austra, Sean Wagner and Gail Wagner. The play follows two life-long friends. Over dinner one night, a heated argument reveals that one feels constantly bullied by the other. Will he finally stand up for himself?
    “Hitting on Women 101,” a published work, written by Bruce Kane. Directed by RPP-member Athena Gregory. A young man tries to convince a young woman he is definitely not interested in her. Maybe.
    “Rotisserie,” an original work by Lisa Shaffner. RPP-member Gail Wagner directs. A depressed woman gets the opportunity for a “do over.” She’ll get to change one moment from her life. But, should she? There could be consequences.
    “Angel Kisses in Left Field,” a previously published work by Claudia Haas. RRP-member Gail Wagner will direct. You never know who you are going to meet. A man and a woman find themselves sitting next to each other in the cheap seats at a baseball game. They’re both hiding something, though.
    The curtains rise on the RRP “One Act Festival” at 8 p.m., Friday and Saturday nights, and again at 2 p.m., Sunday. Tickets are $8 to $10 and are available in advance here or at the door (cash only). 
    Each night, the audience will vote on their favorite, which accounts for 60 percent of the play’s score. Scores from a panel of judges will make up the other 40 percent of the score. Votes will be counted Sunday night and the winner will be announced next week.
    The winning production will then go on to represent RRP at the state level before possibly moving on to the regional competitions. Groups and theater organiztions throughout Delaware participate at DTAFest, all hoping to move on to the Eastern States Theatre Assocition Festival. In years past, RRP have performed at both levels, returning home with several awards.  For more information, visit here.

        calendar