The competition features more than 15 restaurants and food trucks Saturday, Aug. 26 at the Cauffiel House overlooking the Delaware River.
Hear the sizzle of the grill? Prepare to taste victory in the 2017 Delaware Burger Battle Saturday, Aug. 26 at the Cauffiel House overlooking the Delaware River.
The sixth annual event celebrates Delaware’s formidable chefs, the state’s spectacular parks and people’s insatiable hunger for burgers – all to benefit great causes.
The state’s most competitive chefs will put their best burgers forward, offering guests unlimited samples as they compete for fame and glory in three categories: Critics’ Choice, Alternative Burger and People’s Choice.
Competitors announced so far include:
• Ulysses American Gastro Pub,
• drip café,
• Brick Works Brewing and Eats,
• REDfire Grill Steakhouse,
• Metro Pub & Grill,
• McGlynn’s Pub,
• grub burger bar,
• Chelsea Tavern,
• Casino at Delaware Park,
• Tonic Bar & Grille,
• The Plum Pit Food Truck,
• Food Bank of Delaware Culinary School,
• Ernest & Scott Taproom,
• Brew HaHa!,
• The Meat House Neighborhood Butcher and Grocer,
• Maiale Deli & Salumeria,
• Home Grown Café.
Once you enter the arena, you're free to go from booth to booth sampling burgers. For those 21 and over, your ticket also entitles you to tastings of beer and wine. Soft drinks are available, too.
This is a rain or shine event, open to all ages, but no pets are allowed.
Proceeds from this all-volunteer-run event will benefit two admirable Delaware nonprofits:
• Ministry of Caring’s Emmanuel Dining Room, which helps people in need of food in Wilmington,
• ProStart Program of the Delaware Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, an industry-driven curriculum that provides real-life experience opportunities and builds practical skills for high school students studying culinary and restaurant management.
In its first five years, the Delaware Burger Battle served more than 16,000 burgers and 3,000 people, generating more than $37,000 for Delaware nonprofits.
The battle starts at noon. Trophies will be awarded at 2:30 p.m.