Shuttle bus services will be available from Redding Middle School, Appoquinimink Library, and Dutch Country Farmers Market.
For the Olde-Tyme Peach Festival in Middletown on Saturday, Aug. 15, some downtown parking lots and portions of some streets will be closed from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Town of Middletown and DelDOT have agreed to permit the closure of the following streets:
• Main Street from Broad Street to Scott Street;
• North Cass Street from Main Street to Pennington Street.
Parking lot closings
The following parking lots will be closed on Saturday, Aug. 15 starting at 6 a.m.:
• Green Street lot at Town Hall,
• Boys and Girls Club lot,
• Verizon lot,
• Volunteer Hose Company Fire Hall lot;
• Main Street lot at Forest Presbyterian Church;
• Pennington Street lot behind Middletown Hardware (except customers),
• Cook Family Dentistry lot,
• Grace Orthodox Presbyterian Church lot;
• North Broad Street lot behind the Academy Building (former Town Hall).
Any vehicles parked in those areas must be moved by 6 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 15, after which vehicles will be towed to allow vendor booths to be set up.
The Peach Festival Committee members apologize for this inconvenience, but hope residents will be able to enjoy this once-a-year community event. Thanks for your cooperation.
Parking and shuttle bus locations
People driving into Middletown during the festival on Saturday, Aug. 15 are urged to use three principle parking areas:
• Redding Middle School on East Main Street (Route 299). Signs on East Main Street at Catherine Street will direct you to this lot.
• Appoquinimink Public Library, 651 N. Broad St.
• Dutch Country Farmers Market, Middletown Shopping Center lot, 600 N. Broad St.
Shuttle buses will circulate to these three locations frequently and will be available from 8 a.m. through the close of the festival at 4:30 p.m. Please look for the shuttle sign for pick up and drop off locations.
Schedule of events
The Peach Festival Parade will begin at 9 a.m. on South Broad Street at Everett Meredith Middle School, head north to Main Street, and turn right (east) on East Main Street.
Booths, displays, demonstrations, food, and a wide variety of entertainment will be available in downtown Middletown and at the MOT Jean Birch Senior Center throughout the morning and into the afternoon, with activities wrapping up at about 4 p.m.
See the complete schedule in the Olde Tyme Peach Festival booklet in the Aug. 13 Middletown Transcript.