No one was injured but a home was heavily damaged in a fire on Friday afternoon in Middletown.

No one was injured but a home was heavily damaged in a fire on Friday afternoon in Middletown.

The blaze, reported shortly after 3:30 p.m., occurred in the 100 block of Westside Lane in Westside Hunt, according to Assistant State Fire Marshal Michael G. Chionchio.

When firefighters from Volunteer Hose Company of Middletown arrived, flames were engulfing the back of the house.

Chionchio said the fire was accidental and started on the rear deck of the two-story dwelling. Discarded cigarettes ignited combustibles on the deck, and the flames ignited the exterior vinyl siding up to the roof.

Damage was estimated at $200,000, Chionchio said.

There were no reported injuries.

The American Red Cross is providing emergency assistance to four displaced adults.