Seven people were taken to the hospital after a two-car collision on Interstate 95 near Newark Saturday.
At about 10:20 a.m., emergency crews received a report of a motor vehicle crash involving multiple patients on I-95 northbound near the Chapman Road overpass, said New Castle County Paramedic First Class Yvonne T. Russell.
County paramedics responded along with fire companies and ambulances from Aetna Hose, Hook and Ladder, Christiana, Goodwill, Mill Creek, and Wilmington Manor.
Paramedics treated seven people involved in the collision, said Russell. The patients were taken to Christiana Hospital.
Two patients were listed in serious condition:
• a 3-year-old boy who suffered injuries to his leg;
• a 36-year-old woman who suffered injuries to her leg and pelvis.
Five other patients were listed in stable condition:
• an 8-year-old girl who suffered injuries to her face and head;
• an 11-year-old girl who suffered injuries to her back;
• a 13-year-old boy who suffered injuries to his arm, leg and chest;
• a 39-year-old man who suffered injuries to his head;
• a 42-year-old woman who suffered injuries to her wrist and chest.
Delaware State Police are investigating the crash.