Portions of some downtown streets and some downtown parking lots will be closed from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 18 for the 25th annual Olde-Tyme Peach Festival in Middletown
For the Olde-Tyme Peach Festival in Middletown Saturday, Aug. 18, some downtown streets and parking lots will be closed from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Town of Middletown and DelDOT have agreed to permit the closure of the following streets:
• Main Street from Broad Street to Scott Street,
• North Cass Street from Main Street to Pennington Street.
The following parking lots will be closed:
• Green Street lots at Town Hall, Boys and Girls Club, Witherspoon Alley, Verizon, and Volunteer Hose Company Fire Hall;
• Main Street lot at Church on Main (formerly Forest Presbyterian Church);
• Pennington Street lot behind Cook Family Dentistry and Grace Orthodox Presbyterian Church;
• North Broad Street lot behind the Academy Building (former Town Hall).
Any vehicles parked in those areas overnight Friday, Aug. 17 must be moved by 5 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 18, after which vehicles will be towed to allow vendor booth set-up
The Peach Festival Committee members are sorry for this inconvenience, but hope residents will be able to enjoy this once-a-year community event. The members of the committee thank residents for cooperating.
Parking and shuttle bus service
Parking with shuttle bus service will be available at Redding Middle School off of East Main Street (Route 299), at the Appoquinimink Public Library at 651 N. Broad St., and at the Dutch Country Farmers Market in the Middletown Shopping Center on North Broad Street.
Drivers are urged to use these three parking areas. Shuttle buses will circulate to these locations frequently and will be available from 8 a.m. through the close of the festival at 4:30 p.m. Please look for the shuttle signs for pick-up and drop-off locations.