SUBSCRIBE NOW

Fire causes $500,000 in damage to Middletown home

Amanda Parrish
Middletown Transcript

MIDDLETOWN -- An accidental house fire in The Estates of Cedar Lane neighborhood in Middletown occurred Aug. 11, causing about $500,000 in damage, the Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office said.

Firefighters from Volunteer Hose Company of Middletown responded to a fire in the unit block of Berton Court shortly after 6:30 a.m. They found heavy fire coming from an unoccupied residence. Several fire companies came to assist.

Deputies from the state fire marshal's office determined the blaze started on the first floor and was caused by an electrical malfunction of the house’s fixed wiring.

No one was injured.