Notre Dame at Georgia Tech odds, picks and prediction
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish (5-0 overall, 4-0 ACC) visit the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (2-4, 2-3) Saturday for a 3:30 p.m. ET kickoff. Below, we analyze the Notre Dame-Georgia Tech college football betting odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
Despite crushing Pitt 45-3 last Saturday, the Fighting Irish dropped one spot to No. 4 in the Amway Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports. (Ohio State took over the No. 3 spot after winning its season opener last week.)
Notre Dame at Georgia Tech: Betting odds and lines
- Money line : Notre Dame -1112 (bet $1,112 to win $100) | Georgia Tech +660 (bet $100 to win $660)
- Against the spread/ATS : Notre Dame -20.5 (-110) | Georgia Tech +20.5 (-110)
- Over/Under : 58.5 (O: -115| U: -106)
Notre Dame at Georgia Tech: Three things to know
- Notre Dame easily covered a 9.5-point spread with the 42-point victory at Pitt. QB Ian Book threw for 312 yards and three touchdowns, two of them to WR Ben Skowronek (2 receptions, 107 yards). Just before halftime, DL Isaiah Foskey blocked a Pitt punt and landed on the ball in the end zone for a score and a 28-3 Notre Dame lead. The Irish defense had three interceptions and held the Panthers to 162 total yards (118 passing, 44 rushing).
- Georgia Tech, as a 3-point underdog, lost at Boston College 48-27 last week. The Yellow Jackets fumbled twice in the first half - the second was returned 33 yards for a score and a 24-0 BC lead. The Jackets defense couldn't stop the Eagles, who scored on their first six possessions and led 41-14 early in the second half. Tech QB Jeff Sims threw for 171 yards and two TDs with one pick. He added 47 rushing yards and a score.
- Notre Dame is 2-3 ATS with a 3-2 O/U record, while Georgia Tech is 2-4 ATS with a 5-1 O/U record. The Irish won their last meeting vs. the Yellow Jackets 30-22 back in 2015, and lead the all-time series 28-6-1.
Special Indiana College Football Betting Promotion
Bet $1 on Notre Dame's money line, WIN $100 (in free bets) if Notre Dame scores a touchdown during their matchup! Place your legal, online sports bets in Indiana at BetMGM, The King of Sportsbooks!
Terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Notre Dame at Georgia Tech: Odds, prediction, betting lines and picks
Notre Dame 38, Georgia Tech 17
Money line (ML)
AVOID. No way should anyone make a -1112 ML bet. Laying more than 11 times your potential return is terrible gambling management. It will take a $11.20 bet just to win $1 when betting a -1112 line. An injury, a disqualification or an opponent having the game of his/her life are just three of the things that can bite such a bet in the butt.
Against the spread (ATS)
NOTRE DAME -20.5 ( -110) is worth a small play - half your usual wager. The Irish shouldn't have a problem with the Jackets. Notre Dame has allowed only 9.8 points per game this season, while Georgia Tech is yielding 41.2 PPG.
The fear is that Notre Dame hosts top-ranked Clemson a week from Saturday and could get caught looking ahead and/or resting starters - if it has a big lead - in the second half.
The UNDER 58.5 (- 106) is also worth a small play. If Notre Dame wasn't playing Clemson next week, I'd hammer the OVER, but I'm not taking that chance with the Irish looking ahead and/or taking their foot off the gas vs. the Yellow Jackets.
|Johnny's 2020 CFB record / Strongest plays|
4-6 / 2-2
|2020 overall record (all sports)|
|Strongest plays (all sports)|
Additional college football coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Alabama football / Auburn football / Florida football / Georgia football / LSU football / Michigan football / Michigan State football / Notre Dame football / Ohio State football / Oklahoma football / Tennessee football / Texas football / USC football / Wisconsin football
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.